Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where does the time go?

It seems like I just did a blog during our torrential downpour, but when I checked that happened over the weekend. Here it is, Wednesday, and I'm unprepared again to have a blog ready.

Seems like the story of my life recently. Every time I think I've got a handle on things, be it my work life, my social obligations, or my writing schedule, somebody or something always throws a monkey wrench into the mix, and off the track I go.

The day job has been pretty crazy hectic, with me learning a new account. That takes time and slows me down tremendously, having to make sure everything is perfect and stopping to recheck instructions. Then between lousy weather and other personal things (I so won't go into that now), my time seems to just get eaten away bite by bite until before you know it, the day's gone and nothing seems to get accomplished.

I gave myself a self-imposed deadline to have my novella finished. That has come and gone and it's still not finished. So I readjusted my timeline, adding some more days; I bet you can guess--yep, it's still not finished.

Family Ties (tentative title at this point) is still languishing, begging to get finished. It's another romantic suspense project. So, I'm going to close out the blog for tonight, and try to get in a few pages before it's bedtime.

Good night, all.

Kathy

No comments: