Saturday, October 23, 2010

It was a dark and stormy night . . .



Okay, not really. It was actually a dark and stormy afternoon. Huge storms rolled through my area this afternoon, with all the accompany thunder, lightning, and tornado sirens blaring. Fortunately, none were actually spotted in my area, but better safe than sorry.

This morning we had our monthly RWA Chapter meeting (Dallas Area Romance Authors). I love going to these meetings every fourth Saturday of the month. Getting together with like-minded writing friends always seems to invigorate me and I get a spike in those creative juices, making me eager to go home and work on my current WIP. (After lunch of course--wouldn't want to miss any of the juicy gossip that gets discussed after the meeting.) :-)

Things didn't quite go that way today. The fabulous Lori Wilde spoke about Plotting your Theme . . . which was wonderful and I took copious notes.

Then on the way home, the heavens let loose and the storms rolled in. That was actually okay with me because we needed the rain desperately. What I didn't need was the tornado warning, the straight line winds and the terrified dog I came home to greet. Then on top of that, my day job called and asked if I could "work." Again. This seems to happen more and more consistently on my Saturday off. What can you do?

But, that meant instead of sitting down and writing (which is what I wanted to do), I sat down at my computer and went to work.

So now, here I am at 9:44 p.m. getting started working on my manuscript. I won't be able to work on it for long, though, because tomorrow is a work day, so I'll be getting up bright and early and starting the day job.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to squeeze in some more writing tomorrow after work. Keep your fingers crossed . . .

Don't forget, Desperate Choices is now available for download from Carina Press, Amazon, and other e-book retailers.

Kathy

No comments: