Thursday, January 14, 2010

Changes and procrastination

Well, it's finally warmer outside. The ice has thawed, but now they are predicting rain. Winter just gets blah, blah in January.

Writing has been a little slow, but I'm progressing bit-by-bit. I'm working on my outline/synopsis for my werewolf story as well as finishing up chapter 1. Trying to start things off with a bang, and keep the momentum rushing forward.

I tend to be the queen of procrastination, and getting my huge backside into the chair seems to be the biggest obstacle. Once there, my muse can take hold and fly, but I can always come up with something that needs to be done first. Dishes, laundry, floors, changing the sheets, all those pesky things that can be put off until I'm done . . . nope, "I'll just think about the plot as I'm washing the dishes." That's all well and good, but once they're finished, do I sit down and start? Heck, no.

I'm thinking about the story (or stories) all the time, taking down copious notes on things to add, delete, etc. But actually getting my fanny in the seat takes willpower and determination, which recently I seem to be lacking, at least as far as my writing goes.

On a side note, for those new to me, I've been changing my lifestyle and eating habits for the last 18 months, trying to loose a LOT of weight. As of this morning, I've lost 127 lbs in that 18 months. This feels TREMENDOUS. I'm happier, definitely healthier, and my family and friends are thrilled with the changes that I've made.

So, the question that I pose is this? If I can be so focused and determined to stick to a healthier eating plan and lifestyle, why can't I stick my backside into a chair and do the thing that I love doing (writing)?

Till next time,

Kathy

No comments: