Monday, June 14, 2010

BIG, STUPENDOUS NEWS!!!

I know its been several months since I posted to my blog. Time just got away from me. Life has been taking some unexpected twists and turns lately on the writing front. If you read my posts back in January when I first started this blog, I had established some goals for 2010.

I did actually accomplish a few of those things. I have been doing some writing on a new manuscript. I did enter some work in a contest--where the scores I received were okay but nothing spectacular. But along the way something happened I wasn't expecting.

I SOLD MY BOOK!!!

Desperate Choices is a book that is near and dear to my heart. I wrote it a few years ago and loved the story. I shopped it around, as all writers do when they finish polishing their work. While I got good feedback on it, mostly I heard it "wasn't what they were looking for" or "it wasn't right for them."

In March I had e-mailed my critique partner about a new publisher I thought might be interested in one of her stories. After a bit of back and forth mailing, she finally said: "I'll send mine if you'll send yours."

So that's how Desperate Choices ended up on the desk of an editor at Carina Press. On May 11, 2010 at about 10:30 a.m. I got "the call" from Angela James telling me they wanted to offer me a contract for Desperate Choices.

After I picked myself up off the floor, of course I told them I was interested.

So, in the last month I've received the call, made the sale, am working on revisions/edits, and sent the art fact sheet back so they can start working on my cover.

I'll be posting more as things progress, but tentatively the release date is scheduled for September 2010.

Till next time--hopefully it won't be several months from now.

Kathy

No comments: