Monday, July 26, 2010

Bits of nonsense

Not a whole lot going on right now on the writing front with regard to Desperate Choices. It has "gone to production."

I got my new business cards in today. They look pretty cool. The front has my contact information such as my name, e-mail address, and phone number. Plus the back is done in golden yellow with the name of the book (Desperate Choices) and www.carinapress.com and my release date (September 27, 2010).

I still can't believe after so long that all my efforts are finally paying off.

I was also asked to write an article for my local RWA chapter newsletter, which should be in the September issue.

I'm also working on a new story, which is what I was doing right before coming over to write this blog entry.

I really, really, really wish I was going to RWA Nationals in Orlando this week. Almost everybody I know is going. I couldn't get the time off work (and really couldn't justify the expense--but that's another story). Of course, this was the year after my first sale and I got invites to all the major Harlequin/Carina events. . . and I can't go!!!

Next year, though, I'm so planning to go. It will be in New York, so I've started saving already, because as we all know, New York is rather expensive. I don't care; I'll find a way to make it happen.

Okay, going back to work on the story now. Till next time. . .

Kathy

1 comment:

Shelley Munro said...

I like your header. :) I wish I was going to conference too. It's even more expensive from New Zealand.